Some topics never get discussed openly in church because they're too controversial. Consequently, many find the church to be irrelevant and out-of-touch with contemporary life. Community Conversations Online is an internet-based forum hosted by Pastor Randy Maxwell of the Kuna Seventh-day Adventist Church that invited dialogue on contemporary issues and how they relate to faith. Does the book of Daniel predict an end-time holy war between followers of Muhammad and followers of Jesus? Is there hope for gay individuals who love God but didn't lose their same-sex attraction in the waters of baptism? Is there grace after abortion? These questions and more are discussed with a live and on-line audience with guest presenters: Tim Roosenberg, Wayne Blakely, and Kay Painter.
- "Abortion, Secrets, and Grace"
- Guest Kay Painter will share her powerful story on our Community Conversations webcast entitled "Abortion, Secrets, and Grace." Kay says, "Perhaps you remember the TV show years ago called 'I've got a secret.' Countless individuals have one tucked away deep in the recesses of their hearts and minds. I found a selfish choice brought an unexpected condemnation. I felt like the bottomless shame and guilt could never be erased. I was overwhelmed by the sense of separation from the God that once knew loved me. What's your secret ? What's in your past you believe can never be erased? There's amazing news! God's grace has given you the power to defeat that haunting past." You won't want to miss this amazing story of restoration. See Kay's website: www.rememberingsara.net.
- "Islam, Christianity and the Apocalypse"
- "Is Islam of the Devil? Should Christians burn the Koran? Does the book of Daniel predict an end-time holy war between the followers of Muhammad and followers of Jesus? What is the Christian response to extremism on one hand, and the religious liberty on the other? Can we talk? The conversation with Pastor Tim Roosenberg begins Wednesday night, November 3, at 7:00 PM (MST).
- "Homosexuality, Holiness, and Hope"
- Guest Presenter Wayne Blakely will share Christ's rescue of the homosexual from his own personal experience.
RANDY MAXWELL is the pastor of the Kuna SDA Church in Kuna, Idaho. Prior to this he served as the Creative Director for advertising at Pacific Press Publishing Association in Nampa, Idaho. Randy is an author, speaker, and the founder of IF MY PEOPLE PRAY MINISTRIES, through which he conducts prayer and revival seminars across North America and internationally. Randy’s six books include If My People Pray, Bring Back the Glory, On Eagles’ Wings, and Let Not Your Heart be Troubled. Other DVD series include No Fear!
Randy and his wife, Suzette, have three children and one son-in-law. They’ve lived in Nampa, Idaho since leaving Southern California in 1987.